Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple medieval role playing setting based of Crossroads Keep from Neverwinter Nights 2.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» All But One
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am by Admin

» Possible New Space
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am by Admin

» Walking Down a Sunlit Path
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 pm by Zabrard Mazel

» Calliara Frostwind
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 am by Admin

» HELLO TLANTL
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm by Avera

» Zabrard Mazel
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 am by Admin

» Alex Hawklight
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm by Alex Hawklight

» Gentlemen.
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 am by Zabrard Mazel

» Character Sheet - Form
In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm by Admin

Affiliates
DA After Effects
Five Stars
Soul War

In Service I'm Stuck

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stormydawn

stormydawn

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 am

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Fullsi10

Lhaana laughed. "That does sound like a good start for a song! I didn't think of that. You are a bard, then?" She finished off her wine, figuring the faster she drank it the less she would have to taste it. "Asylum will not be necessary, I don't think, but I thank you for the offer nonetheless. I am fairly skilled with illusions - if one of my brethren show up hoping to drag me back, they will not find me. I wouldn't wish to cause any trouble for you or the Keep."

Lhaana cringed inwardly at Brenna's question, even though she'd known it would be asked sooner or later (it does look a bit suspicious to spend all your time in a hooded clock, after all). She pulled her hood away, touching one of her horns self-consciously. "The Tower elders always assumed my heritage contributed to my sensitivity to changes in other planes. I'm not sure if that's the case, necessarily, but it's as good a reason as any, since I'm next to useless at diviniation and there aren't, to my knowledge, any other tieflings currently studying at the Cloaktower. Normally, they're... vague impressions, all smoke and mists and generic uneasiness, but this King of Shadows... his every footstep echoes across the planes like thunder." She chuckled. "Again with the storm metaphors."
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 am

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Avera_11

Avera sat back and listened to the two as the waitress brought them new mugs and a pitcher of ale. She wasn't about to drink any more of that cruddy wine and the staff knew better than bringing any more to the table. The main thing now though was what Lhaana was saying. She left Brenna to ask the hard question just to see how the mage would react and was pleased with what she heard and saw.

"I'm a bardic ranger." She bowed a slight bit theatrically, "Cai ... the Knight-Captain is also a bard." She wasn't going to add that he was also a rogue, "Your analogies are great. The two of us could put those to paper easily. But enough of that. No one will be dragging you back as long as you are a resident of the keep. Lord Nasher gave us rights and one of them was the pick of people to help us with this problem. Simply, they won't have rights even if they did come to get you. As for your impressions, they are quite accurate. The King of Shadows is a disastrous opponent who won't stop at any less than taking all of the lands of Neverwinter."

The halfling took a drink of the ale then smiled, "Now those are nice horns. Do you have a tail too? Nees is always so proud of hers."
Back to top Go down
stormydawn

stormydawn

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 am

Lhaana laughed in delight. "I do indeed!" She pushed her cloak aside with her tail, waving to the halfling with it. "I'm not used to people reacting so positively when they learn my heritage; normally it's 'kill the fiend!' -- once, they even tried to burn me at the stake. This is a refreshing change, for sure." She grinned at the two women, immensely pleased with how her decision to leave the Cloaktower was turning out so far. "You say there is another tiefling here at the Keep? I think I'd like to meet her sometime."
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 am

Avera grinned as she watched the tail wave, "Sometimes I actually wish I had one but that would probably slam doors on it all the time."

She drank down some ale, "Only once eh? I know what it's like being prejudged for what a person is. Halflings get it a lot as well but not even half like what tieflings get." She chuckled at her silly joke, "But here is different for the most part. Tieflings are part of this place as there are two I know of. Neeshka is one and she's one of my best friends and then there is Javen. He's seldom near the tavern."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 am

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Brenna10

"For every prejudice and racial norm, there's an exception." Brenna said with a small smile. "I remember one of the finest knights I ever met was a hobgoblin. Save for his coarse language, he was a paladin of paladins." A slight twinge seemed to cross her face when she said 'Hobgoblin'.

"Oh, before it slips my mind, I should let you know of someone, Miss Lhaana. There's a swordsman here who's...a little less than friendly. She's usually in black armor and has pale blue hair. Her name's Marissa. There's an air about her I find. And I've noted that tieflings seem to react the worst to it. I would tread carefully about her."
Back to top Go down
stormydawn

stormydawn

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:11 pm

"I've never slammed it in a door," she knocked on the table superstitiously, "but I do have a nasty habit of knocking things over with it." She took a drink from the mug of ale that had been brought; pleasantly surprised at its taste, she took another, longer drink. "Even at the Tower, people were careful around me, as if scared the demon in me might suddenly flare up and I'll slaughter them outright. Granted, I have met tieflings that embrace that side of themselves, but they just make it harder for the rest of us." She shook her head.

She listened to Brenna's description of the black-armored knight, nodding in understanding when she finished. She didn't truly believe that the knight could be that evil--Lhaana had once met her grandfather, after all, and what could be worse than a balor?--but the seriousness in Brenna's face gave her pause. If the other woman took her warning so seriously, the least Lhaana could do is the same. "Thank you for the warning, my lady. I shall do my best to avoid her."
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am

"I have the opposite. People tend to think of me as an innocent little being who couldn't hurt anything or they try to coddle me thinking I'm a child." Avera smirked as she thought of those who'd learned that she was something to look out for, "There are people here who will still react towards you in the same manner but for the most part, everyone is pretty good when it comes to tieflings. Either that or they know better than trying to get away with it in public."

She glanced at Brenna at the mention of Marissa and sat back watching the two and listening, "A hobgoblin paladin? I'd love to see that as long as he was not going to try to skewer me. I hear many hobgoblins find halflings to be a tasty treat. Now Marissa ... I have to agree that she is a dangerous being, that is certain." It didn't look like that worried Avera as she drank back some more ale.
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 am

"It's one of the last races you'd expect beneath a banner of Bahaumut, but a stronger fighter's hard to come by." Brenna said with a small smile as she had a drink. "So miss Lhaana, what manner of magic did you say you performed? I'd like to see some of what you can do."
Back to top Go down
stormydawn

stormydawn

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 am

Lhaana grinned when Brenna asked her about her magic; it was, after all, her favorite subject. "I'm an illusionist. I'm decent at evocation--summoning creatures from different planes--but I've become something of an artist with illusions. I can create images, change my appearance or the appearance of someone else," she concentrated hard for a moment, forming an illusion around herself to appear first as a beautiful, blond Valkyrie, then an old grumpy dwarf, then a flowering bush, then let it fade until it was just her sitting in the chair again. "I can also make someone or something seem incredibly unimportant to others' notice--effectively making them invisible--or, if I concentrate really hard, I can give people dreams or nightmares. None of it's very effective combat magic, I know, but it has its uses."
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:06 am

As Lhaana spoke Avera grinned more and more. Now this she liked for many reasons but she wasn't going to say just yet what ideas she had in mind. She rubbed an index finger across her lips as she considered the information just put before them, "Those are good skills to have. What about fighting? Are your skills based mostly in the magic or are there other things you can do?" She nonchalantly sat back while watching the tiefling but she also had an eye on the room just in case.
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:21 am

"I see." Brenna said with a smile. "As much as I've never been one to seek disguises, I can appreciate how useful they are. Sometimes deception is stronger than a sword when it comes down to it." She took another swing from her glass, not especially drunk. She wasn't a dwarf, but by human standards, she was solid.

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Mariss10

<I'm getting tired of this quiet. I want something to fight!>

"Later."

<Why later? Why ever stop for that matter?>

"It's not needed."

<Need isn't the problem.>

Marissa argued with herself in low mutters as she headed down the roads of the keep, the tip of her sword dragging along the stones. It tended to make people keep their distance. If that didn't, her black armor and bleak manner usually did the trick. She paused, looking at the Phoenix tail.

<Drunks. Easy prey.>

"...Maybe a drink." She muttered to herself as she walked up, pushing the door open slowly.
Back to top Go down
stormydawn

stormydawn

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

"I've got enough skill with a dagger that I can use it if I'm given no other choice, but my abilities are mostly based in magic. But," she added with a grin, "even though illusions aren't combat skills, I do know your everyday fireballs and magic missiles as well." She took another drink from her ale, starting to feel a little warm from it. She knew she should probably stop soon; getting drunk is hardly a good first impression.

She felt movement in one of the pockets in her robes, and a white cat crawled out into her lap. Lhaana opened her mouth to make a joke, but the cat was starint straight at the entrance to the inn, a warning growl low in its throat. "Pip? What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:10 am

Information ran around in the halfling's head as she considered what Lhaana's skill set was as well as how best to use her abilities. Illusions and dagger capabilities were not forerunner skills but great for backup use, which was just as important as any frontal attacks. She sat back while working out some ideas to go over with Katriona regarding this new associate even though it seemed like her attention was completely on those at the table. Avera was good at socializing while working in her head as well.

"You will need to be assessed by our resident experts to see where you can fit in but your skills can be immensely helpful here. I'm sure ..." The white cat caught Avera's attention, bringing her eyes up and to the woman who had just come in, "Ah. Marissa."

She looked at the much larger woman and nodded when Marissa looked her way.
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:36 am

In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Brenna10 In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 Mariss10

Brenna looked over. "That's the woman I warned you of." Brenna quietly told Lhaana. "There's some air about her."

Marissa looked to the cat, growling back as she bared her teeth and glared. She hated such animals, posing but too cowardly to attack. They weren't even worth the time. She turned away, going to the bar, her sword dragging along the floor the whole way leaving a long scratch. "Keeper." She said, looking to the barkeeper. "I want a drink."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Service I'm Stuck   In Service I'm Stuck - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Service I'm Stuck
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crossroads :: War Station :: Trails to Travel-
Jump to: