Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple medieval role playing setting based of Crossroads Keep from Neverwinter Nights 2.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » All But One
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am by Admin

» Possible New Space
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am by Admin

» Walking Down a Sunlit Path
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 pm by Zabrard Mazel

» Calliara Frostwind
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 am by Admin

» HELLO TLANTL
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm by Avera

» Zabrard Mazel
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 am by Admin

» Alex Hawklight
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm by Alex Hawklight

» Gentlemen.
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 am by Zabrard Mazel

» Character Sheet - Form
    Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm by Admin

Affiliates
    DA After Effects
    Five Stars
    Soul War

Alex Hawklight

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Alex Hawklight

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Class/Job:

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Alex Hawklight. Human. Cleric of Lathander.

Alex was once a farmhand and aprentice blacksmith in a small village, not enough to even warrent a name, between Highcliff and Neverwinter. Fate, however, decided to take a hand in his future when a priest of the Morninglord passed through his village, on his way north to the city. The priest stopped to preach and to heal a small hurt one of the farmers had suffered, cutting himself on a plowshare and Alex, listening to the priest's words, felt something tug within him, something pulling him away from his pace of birth. Given that he was a second son, he did not stand to ingeret any of the farm when his father passed on, for any good farmer knows that if the land is divided between his sons, over generation after generation, there would be nothing left. So it was that Alex convinced his parents to ask the priest to take him on as an novice of The Morninglord and the priest agreed, taking young Alex to the temple of Lathander in Neverwinter.

Alex was an attentive student, if not the most cloistered, forever sneaking away, if he could do so and not miss a lesson, to explore the city and put what he had learned to use, regardless of how many friends (or enemies) it made him. For five years he studdied, soon becoming a full member of the church and for a further year continuing to teach Lathander's creed to new students, but dispite filling a hole within him, he still felt as though he were not complete; he had seen the start of the path, he knew and had set foot upon it, but the rest of the way to walk was still cloaked in shadow. A year after his ordination as a full brother however, he had a dream. He dreamt that he stood in an empty field of sun-drenched grass, while before him a great shadow of nigh-impentrable blackness crossed the land as far as the eye could see, like a physical wall. He felt afraid, but even as he started to turn to flee, he felt a great warmth about him and gentle hands turn him to face the darkness, guiding his arms and with a gentle, but insistent pressure at his back and he felt the closeness of his god, the Morninglord, as he remembered one of Lathander's teachings; to bring light into the darkness and by so doing, dispell it. He let the warm presence guide him forward a few steps, then began walking on his own, afraid, but his fear mastered. The shadows before him melted away, in some part due to his own presence, but also by others, especially a few whom he felt indsitinctly, a great way off. And he knew that Lathander had iluminated the next stage of his journey for him. He awoke at dawn, surrounded by his brothers, lying on the floor of the temple's small forge. It transpired that, for a full day and two nights, he had laboured, his eyes closed, deaf to the world, his labours only ceasing as dawn broke, illuminating on the anvil what he had wrought. A sword of supassing quality, forged of silvery metal lay there, the golden sunrise that was Lathander's symbol decorating the cross of the hilt. Alex left that very day, wrapping the sword in cloth and walking south, remembering how it was in that direction he felt the presence of others in his dream.

Alex is tall, for the realms, standing just an inch under six feet. He has the fair skin of most people on the Sword Coast and his eyes are a clear grey. His messy, sand-coloured hair is cut short, still recovering from the tonsure he wore in the temple, but he at least had the sense to trim it again so it grew evenly. He wears a smiple tunic and pants under a breastplate and chainmail shirt of iron, set with Lathander's crest. He wears a simple shortsword by his side, the longer balde he forged in his dreams wrapped in linnen cloth and secured across his back, between his pack and his body, uncertain if he is at all worthy to wield it. Alex is often smiling, either in merriment or sympathy, but his emotions change easily, each one showing clearly on his face. He has a good heart, but little tolerence for rules and authority if it stops what is right. He is hardworking, caring and perhaps quicker to laugh than he is to anger.
    Back to top Go down
    Avera

Avera

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 am

Sorry I haven't said anything earlier. I forgot my stupid password for a bit ... gah. Not fun at all.

Anyway, I like the looks of this character. His background and story line is quite good.

I'm sure we can get something going here with him. Should I start a thread for him or did you want to?
    Back to top Go down
    Alex Hawklight

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Class/Job:

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 am

I think I shall. Sorry for a late reply, by the way, life jumped me. Surprise round, initiative and sneak attacks hurt...
    Back to top Go down
    Avera

Avera

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:48 am

That's just fine. Life does stuff which keeps you from other stuff. Hopefully this sneak attack wasn't too bad and that you are ok.
    Back to top Go down
    Alex Hawklight

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Class/Job:

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Alex Hawklight HitPoints

Life aint looking so good though. Don't startle a man with a readied fireball...

Later Note: Okay, yeah, that picture failed. Badly. Replaced it with one not from TV Tropes...
    Back to top Go down
    Admin
    Admin

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:47 am

How about this Alex:

Alex Hawklight Alex-head
    Back to top Go down
    https://crossroadskeep.forumotion.com
    Alex Hawklight

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Class/Job:

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 am

Whoa, nice! Not bad at all, but his hair's a little fairer than that.

Also, why is it everyone seems to have that ever-so-slightly 'hello ladies' look on his face? He was never intended like that xD

A bit more of an honest and open smile would be nice, as well as the afformentioned hair. Other than that, this is wicked! Only other issue is the fleuty bits on his pauldrons ^^; Nice effort, though!
    Back to top Go down
    Admin
    Admin

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Hmm. Apparently my try for contemplative didn't work too well. Oh well. If at first ...

Alex Hawklight Alex-head-2
    Back to top Go down
    https://crossroadskeep.forumotion.com
    Alex Hawklight

Character sheet
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Class/Job:

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Awesome! that's great Very Happy Only a pitty the program isn't so hot rendering chain mail ^^; Aside from software limitations, that's awesome! *stealz*
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Alex Hawklight Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Alex Hawklight   Alex Hawklight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex Hawklight
    Page 1 of 1