Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple medieval role playing setting based of Crossroads Keep from Neverwinter Nights 2.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» All But One
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 am by Admin

» Possible New Space
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am by Admin

» Walking Down a Sunlit Path
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:34 pm by Zabrard Mazel

» Calliara Frostwind
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 am by Admin

» HELLO TLANTL
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm by Avera

» Zabrard Mazel
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 am by Admin

» Alex Hawklight
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm by Alex Hawklight

» Gentlemen.
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 am by Zabrard Mazel

» Character Sheet - Form
The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm by Admin

Affiliates
DA After Effects
Five Stars
Soul War

The Scavenger

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:05 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

<Hungry...>

A small fox crept past the guard's station at the keep, heading for the shadows of the alleys to keep out of sight. Quietly, it slinked deeper into the keep, sniffing the air for a whiff of something it could steal.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 pm

((I can't seem to think of anyone else to play in this thread so let's say this one starts before the In Service thread and go from there.))

The Scavenger Avera_11

She sat under a sheltered overhang which shielded her from the rain, arms wrapped around her legs and head down on the top of her knees. A bag of meat buns sat beside her but the halfling could not get herself to eat them. Keza was gone and that made food not so interesting.

Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:04 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

<Meat...>

She snuffed the air for a moment, following the smell. She crept up to the lean-to Avera was using, taking a quick peak with her good eye.

<Little person. No threat.>

She quietly crept over to snag a bun, her eye locked on Avera, ready to run for cover.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:18 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

Avera heaved out a sigh and looked at her buns, working up the courage to try to eat. Her friends would have a fit if she did not eat properly since she was so small as it was and everyone seemed to believe that just because she was a halfling she'd fade away if she did not eat.

A movement caught her eye, red like her own hair. How had she not caught the sound of this little one? Avera lifted the bag and took out a bun, her mind suddenly changing tracks as she saw how thin the little girl was, "Hello there foxie." She clucked with her tongue while casting her ranger spell of speak with animals to calmly influence the fox to her.
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

Fox lept back when Avera moved, hackles raised. But when she offered a bun she felt a little more at ease. Her hackles lowered. She looked up to Avera, head tipping to the side a little making the bell around her neck jungle softly. She hadn't seen someone just hand her food unless she was their pet.

She carefully approached, sniffing it bun and Avera's hand before carefully taking the bun, pulling away in a quick move when she had a grip on it. She moved a little away, but remained under the cover, setting the bun down to eat it. She kept her eye on Avera.

Yet she didn't hear Avera's attempt to speak to her. While she thought like an animal, she wasn't truely one.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

The fact that the fox didn't seem to understand her confused the small woman, "Well that's weird. Maybe you're just an unusual one. You're very hungry aren't you? Poor girl. You must have been someone's pet with that bell on you. Not a true hunter now are you?"
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:39 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She narrowed her eyes, growling a little when accused of being a poor hunter. She was good. She new she was. But in this town, most rodents are hard to find. In the grasslands, she could catch anything she could eat. She carried on eating the bun, keeping her eye on Avera.

<Not dangerous...But odd.>
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

"Well now," Avera smirked, "You understand common tongue, don't you? I said something you didn't like. I'm sorry but we don't know each other yet and maybe I was premature in my assumptions. I certainly didn't figure you'd understand words, as you don't seem to understand fox. Or you ignored it."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:51 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She laid down, munching on the last of her bun. She wasn't laying that relaxedly, still ready to jump if needed. She looked over to the other buns before looking to her and making a small whimper, jesturing her towards the buns. After all, Avera hadn't eaten one yet.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:53 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

She smiled half-heartedly as she rolled another bun towards the fox, "Go ahead. I have more and not really interested in them, really."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She looked down at it, then up at Avera. She nudged it back with her nose, making a small whine.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:58 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

"What? Do you think I'll knock off if I don't eat too?" She sighed, "Go ahead and eat it. I have more food in my room. I'll feel hungry again sooner or later."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She tool Avera's sleeve in her teeth, pulling her hand to it.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

"Hey!" Avera laughed at the fox's antics, "Ok ok I'll eat but not the bun. If you want to make sure I eat then you have to follow me to my rooms. If you do I'll give you some ham as well."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

Her head shot up.

<Ham? Ham good.> She kept close, sitting and watching Avera eat. Her tail wagged slowly.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

She dropped the bun into the bad and started walking. She skirted the populated areas like any wild animal and flitted across the much less used areas of the keep castle. Avera found her room and opened the door, leaving it open for the fox as she went into the main room and got to the covered food which she knew had been left for her. She filled a small plate with ham and beef then put it down with some water for the fox.

"See? I keep my word."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:38 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

The fox scuttled forward, digging in eagerly. It was a while since she ate this well.

<Cure this little mouth.> She looked up to see if Avera was watching.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:53 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

Avera put some food on a plate for herself and started to eat. Having the fox there was making her feel a bit better, "I will put out a bed for you in the bedroom and set it up so you can come and go through the window if you like. I kind of hope you stick around. It's ... it's kind of lonely without a fluffy friend around."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

The little fox looked up, walking close and sitting near her, looking inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:00 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

She slowly got down on the floor and put out a hand, "Will you let me check you over to make sure you're ok? I want to see if that bow is too tight. That could hurt you."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She recoiled when Avera went to check the collar. It chaffed when it was first put on her, but she'd grown very used to it and didn;t like it being touched.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

Avera kept her hand in front of the fox but didn't move to touch or go away, "I won't take it off. I just want to make sure it isn't hurting you."
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:35 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

The fox paused for a moment before leaning forward again.

The collar was well set. Almost too much. It seemed more like she put it on herself.
Back to top Go down
Avera

Avera

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:57 am

The Scavenger Avera_11

Avera checked the collar with deft fingers and rubbed the fox's ears, "I'm surprised that this is on so well. Hmm. No wounds or parasites from what I can see. It's hard not picking something up in the bush sometimes." She scratched the fox's chin, "You can stay if you wish or go. I'm going to do some paperwork. I'd rather feed it to you and say the fox ate it though." She chuckled.
Back to top Go down
papersamurai00

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 am

The Scavenger Foxani10

She leaned into the chin-rub, releshing the attention. When the paperwork was mentioned, she looked over to the lose corner on the edge. She propped herself up on the table leg, giving it a sniff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Scavenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scavenger   The Scavenger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scavenger
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crossroads :: War Station :: Trails to Travel-
Jump to: